Frequently Asked Questions
We get alot of questions asked by our customers, vendors, and visitors... we've listed some of the Most-Asked Questions and Answers below:
- Do you have apple picking? While we don't have an orchard on-site for you to "pick-your-own" apples, there is a complete list on the Vermont Department of Agriculture's website. Click on the following link to find a "pick-your-own-apples" orchard: http://www.vermontagriculture.com/buylocal/buy/apples_map.html
- What are your hours? We are open 7 days a week from 8 am to 6 pm. We are closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- What is your GPS address? We are located at 3600 Waterbury Stowe Road in Waterbury Center, Vermont.
- How do I get there from Ben & Jerry's? You take a left out of Ben & Jerry's (Route 100 North) and travel for approximately 2.5 miles... the Cider Mill is on the right-hand side.
- What time are your tours? Small group and family tours are self-guided and are open to the public during our regular business hours (8 am to 6 pm November - June and 8 am to 7 pm June - October), 7 days a week. No reservation is required for the self-guided tour.
- What is the difference between apple juice and apple cider? Apple cider is 100% pure juice squeezed from the apple. There is nothing added and nothing taken away. It is a perishable product that needs to be refrigerated all the time, and has a shelf life of about 6 weeks.
Apple juice, on the other hand, may have started its life as apple cider but along the way they filtered out all the pectin and fiber, then added water, artificial flavor, artificial coloring, sugar, and a bunch of preservatives. They then pasteurize it at a very high temperature to make it shelf stable, then put it in a glass jar. And another thing, if you look at the label, you will see that most apple juice in this country is made from concentrate that comes from overseas.
Apple cider is the real thing, made right here in the US, from local apples from local orchards. We think it’s important that people know where their food comes from, as well as supporting local growers.
- Are you pressing today? Check out our Google Calendar to view the pressing schedules. Times and dates are subject to change without notice.